BESAN OMELETTE WITH SPROUTS FILLING
Recipe by: Nutralite
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Serving: 4-5
- Review Count: 5437
- Category: BREAKFAST
- Nutrient Values:
As one enjoys his/her breakfast, a certain realisation hits you about how the simple activity of making an omelette can be immensely calming and gratifying if performed mindfully. Giving a certain twist to it with besan and sprouts, along with using one of the most healthy mayonnaise brands in India, is how an omelette can be enjoyed without sacrificing taste and health. Don’t believe us? Read on for a delicious omelette recipe, made with Nutralite Achari Mayo, which will make you drool!
1¼ cups gram flour (besan)
1 cup green gram (moong) sprouts, blanched
Salt to taste
½ teaspoon carom seeds (ajwain)
4 tbsps Nutralite Achari Mayo
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 green chilli, finely chopped
1 medium tomato, chopped
Onion rings for garnishing
Ginger strips for garnishing
Fresh mint sprigs for garnishing
- Mix together 2 tbsps Nutralite Achari Mayo, salt and carom seeds in a bowl. Add sufficient water and mix into a thick batter.
- Add onion, green chilli and mix well. Add some more water to adjust the consistency.
- Heat a non-stick pan. Spread a ladleful of batter evenly.
- Mixed together sprouts, tomato and remaining Nutralite Achari Mayo in another bowl.
- Flip the omelette and place a portion of sprout mixture on one side. Fold the other side over and transfer on a serving plate.
- Garnish with onion rings, ginger strips and mint sprigs and serve immediately.
Treat yourself occasionally with a breakfast so heavy that someone should remind you that it’s your lunch time. This besan omelette recipe is the perfect symbol to the testament, giving priority to good health and not letting your taste buds starve. It is so rich and tasty, one might even consider digging in straight away!
What do you think about this article?