Healthy Tandoori Chaat Recipe
Recipe by: Nutralite
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Serving: 4
- Review Count: 6714
- Category: SNACKS
- Nutrient Values:
It's tangy, it's tasty, and it's made in a tandoor! We’re talking about our Indian vegetarian recipe for Tandoori Fruit Chaat. Though having a tandoor isn't a necessity to prepare this chaat, an oven with a grill should work just fine. What you'll definitely need will be the steps on how to make Tandoori Chaat, which are given below to add to your library of veg recipes of India.
1 medium green capsicum, cut into 1½ inch squares
1 medium red capsicum, cut into 1½ inch squares
1 medium onion, cut into 1½ inch cubes
¼ small fresh pineapple, cut into 1 inch cubes
200 grams cottage cheese, cut into 1½ inch cubes
1½ tablespoons melted Pudina and Coriander Nutralite
1 tablespoon chaat masala
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
Black salt to taste
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
¼ cup fresh pomegranate pearls
½ tablespoon chaat masala for garnishing
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl.
- Add the green and red capsicums, onion and pineapple to the marinade and mix to coat the vegetables evenly. Allow to marinate for ten minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Add the cottage cheese to the marinated ingredients and toss gently to mix.
- Thread the marinated ingredients one after the other onto skewers and grill in the preheated oven for ten minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Remove the cottage cheese and vegetables from the skewers into a large bowl; add the fresh mint, pomegranate kernels and chaat masala and toss well.
- Serve immediately.
What do you think about this article?