Stuffed Coconut Crepes
Recipe by: Nutralite
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Serving: 4
Christmas coconut pan rolls or “Alle Belle” as they’re known as in Goa, are a delicious, melt-in-the-mouth treat that will tease your taste buds and leave all who indulge, wanting more. Whether the kids want something special or you’ve got unexpected guests, this quick and easy Christmas recipe is sure to light up the room with Christmas cheer! Follow our version of the recipe below and stack up on happiness as well as health this festive season.
What you need to make Stuffed Coconut Crêpes:
- For the Crêpes:
- 2 cups All-purpose flour/Maida
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 4-5 drops of vanilla essence
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- For the Filling:
- 1 big fresh Coconut, grated
- 3 chunks of Palm Jaggery, broken into fine pieces
- A pinch of Cardamom Powder
How to make Stuffed Coconut Crêpes:
- For the batter: In a bowl, mix the all-purpose flour with the salt, vanilla essence and eggs. Add water gradually to the mix to ensure that no lumps are formed.
- Mix well to make the batter a pouring consistency.
- Heat some Nutralite in a flat pan and when it’s hot, pour the batter making sure it coats the pan evenly and is sufficiently thick.
- Let the batter cook, first on one side and then the other.
- When cooked well on both sides, flip the crêpe onto a plate.
- Now to fill the crêpes: Mix the coconut, jaggery and cardamom powder and place a sufficient amount in the center of each crêpe.
- Fold both sides inward so that they overlap, making sure that the filling is well covered.
- There you have it! Your especially healthy Christmas Coconut Crêpes are now ready to be relished piping hot and oozing with goodness.
How would you twist up this classic Christmas recipe? We’d love to know! Send in your recipes and pictures or comment below!
What do you think about this article?