Other than being a delicious addition to several dishes, whether as a spread for sandwiches and burgers, or being used as a creamy dip, mayonnaise is also the base for several sauces. These sauces benefit from the thickness and the creamy freshness that only mayonnaise can bring - just one of the many mayonnaise uses.
So. here are some of these sauces, which can be made with Nutralite Mayo, one of the best mayonnaise brands in India.
- Mustard Aioli - Aioli is a sauce that’s traditionally made of olive oil and garlic. Mustard Aioli, a twist on the traditional aioli, utilizes Mayonnaise and dijon mustard instead.
- BBQ Aioli - Similar to Mustard Aioli, this sweet and spicy sauce is prepared by whisking together Mayonnaise, Barbeque Sauce or dry Barbeque seasoning.
- Remoulade Sauce - Versions of the remoulade sauce vary from region to region. The classic French Remoulade sauce is made with a mayonnaise base, topped with Dijon mustard, lemon, parsley and tangy pickles. While another famous version - the spicy Louisiana Remoulade, is kicked up by adding hot pepper sauce, whole mustard, cajun dressing and horseradish.
- Blue Cheese Dressing - A popular salad dressing and dip, this one is made by combining blue cheese and mayonnaise. While the preparation varies depending on the number of ingredients you choose to go with, the usual ingredients along with blue cheese and Mayo are buttermilk, sour cream or yogurt, milk, vinegar, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Fry Sauce - A delight to French Fry lovers everywhere, this is a usual accompaniment to the snack. Made with mayonnaise, ketchup, vinegar, salt and pepper, it is probably the easiest one from the lot, and pairs quite well with burgers and onion rings too.
- Caramelized Onion Dip - Use Mayo to thicken your caramelized onion sauce and whip up some dip.
- Mock Hollandaise Sauce - An easy substitute for regular Hollandaise sauce, whisk some mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, paprika, hot pepper sauce and sour cream in a small saucepan to prepare this light sauce.
- Tartar Sauce - A sauce of rough consistency with chopped pickles mixed into mayonnaise, parsley, lemon juice, sugar and black pepper.
- Srirachannaise Sauce - The hotness of Sriracha and the creaminess of Mayonnaise combine to create a delicious smooth sauce.
- Buttermilk Ranch Dressing - This yummy ranch dressing can be used as a dip with almost anything under the sun - carrot sticks, khakra or as a dressing for potato salad. Use a mason jar to combine sour cream, buttermilk, mustard sauce, celery, garlic and a few dashes of tabasco sauce. Season with black pepper and salt to add to its light, creamy goodness.
There is so much that you can whip up, using mayonnaise as your base. So what are you waiting for? Step into the kitchen, put on your chef’s hat and put those culinary talents to good use. Happy cooking!