Recipe by: Nutralite
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Serving: 4
Mac ‘n’ Cheese is a staple American diet, found almost everywhere in restaurants and at home. It’s as simple as it looks, and simple to make too. If you’re looking for steps on how to make cheesy macaroni recipe, you’ve come to the right place. Combined with Nutralite, we’ve given this healthy cheesy macaroni recipe, an amazing healthy twist.
- 1 cup grated processed cheese
- 300 grams macaroni, boiled
- 6 tablespoons Garlic and Oregano Nutralite
- 2 tablespoons refined flour (maida)
- 2 cups milk
- Salt to taste
- White pepper powder to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon crushed black peppercorns
- ½ tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 220ºC.
- Heat two tablespoons Garlic and Oregano Nutralite in a non-stick pan. Add refined flour and sauté lightly, taking care that it does not change colour.
- Add milk, gradually, stirring continuously so that there are no lumps formed.
- Add half the grated cheese and continue to stir. After adding cheese, the sauce will thicken further, so add more milk to adjust the consistency.
- Add salt, white pepper powder and mix.
- Heat two tablespoons of Garlic and Oregano Nutralite in another non-stick pan. Add macaroni. Toss. Strain the sauce into this pan and mix gently.
- Add remaining cheese. Transfer into a baking dish. Sprinkle bread crumbs and dot with remaining Garlic and Oregano Nutralite. Sprinkle crushed black peppercorns and parsley. Bake in the preheated oven till the cheese melts and becomes light golden.
- Serve hot.
What do you think about this article?