VEGETABLE TRIPLE DECKER SANDWICH
Recipe by: Nutralite
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Serving: 2-4
- Review Count: 8149
- Category: BREAKFAST
- Nutrient Values:
If you’ve ever participated in an all-you-can-eat contest with a friend or colleague, chances are that the food of choice was sandwiches. And lots of them! Regardless of whether you won or not, we know that you love your sandwich.
A quick fix for hunger, sandwiches can be considered a “man’s next best friend”, especially if you live away from home! Vegetable sandwiches come in all shapes, sizes and flavours. Grill them, bake them or layer them with assorted fillings, they never fail to satisfy your hunger. Today, the spotlight is on the Vegetable Triple Decker Mayonnaise Sandwich.
Easy to make and delicious to boot, this sandwich is sure to perk you up even as the day goes on. Here is what you’ll need:
8 brown bread slices
4 white bread slices
3 medium potatoes, boiled, peeled and grated
Salt to taste
20 black peppercorns, crushed
1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
1 medium green capsicum, seeded and chopped
2 tablespoons Nutralite Mayonnaise
2 medium onions, cut into round slices and rings separated
2 medium cucumbers, sliced
2 medium tomatoes, sliced
5-6 pickled gherkins, sliced vertically
2 tablespoon Nutralite
- Put potatoes in a bowl. Add salt, half the crushed black peppercorns, chilli flakes, green capsicum and Nutralite Mayonnaise and mix well.
- Take one slice of white bread and 2 slices of brown bread per sandwich. Butter them on one side lightly.
- Spread the potato mixture evenly on one slice of brown bread. Place some onion rings, sprinkle a little salt and a little crushed black peppercorns and cover with a slice of white bread. Place a few cucumber and tomato slices over this. Sprinkle salt. Place a few gherkin slices and cover with the second slice of brown bread. Press lightly.
- Heat a sandwich grill. Apply Nutralite over the top slice and place on a hot grill and cover the grill till evenly done from both sides.
- Cut into triangles and serve hot.
Hmmm! After that delicious bite of your large sandwich, we are sure you’ll want to stock your refrigerator with these ingredients right away. A mayonnaise sandwich with vegetables, that is both nutritious and tasty is surely something you can depend on, whether it’s raining or shining outside!
What do you think about this article?