SCRAMBLED EGG CUP
Recipe by: Nutralite
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Serving: 2-4
- Review Count: 5416
- Category: SNACKS
- Nutrient Values:
What came first - the chicken or the egg? Well, the argument continues!
There is no denying though, that eggs are one of the best sources of protein that you can find. Add some mayonnaise and you’ve included a dose of essential fats as well. Is mayonnaise healthy, you ask? Absolutely! Nutralite Mayo helps you meet 30% of your daily vitamin requirements, with a delicious range of flavours to boot!
Today, we bring you another recipe from our treasure trove that looks and tastes awesome. Presenting the Scrambled Egg Cup - hollowed out wheat buns filled with scrambled egg and delicious Nutralite Mayonnaise. So delicious, it just melts in your mouth!
2 eggs, beaten
2 egg whites beaten
4 small whole-wheat burger buns
2 tablespoons oil
1 inch ginger, chopped
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 large tomato, chopped
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
Salt to taste
2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
2 tablespoons melted Nutralite Table Spread
4 tablespoons Nutralite Mayonnaise
- Preheat the oven to 180° C.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add ginger, garlic and onion and sauté till golden. Add tomato, chilli powder, 2 tablespoons water and salt. Stir and add the eggs and coriander leaves. Cook, stirring, till the eggs are well scrambled.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions.
- Cut a thin slice off the top of the buns and scoop out the crumbs from the middle to form bread cups. Apply the melted Nutralite on the inside of the cups and spoon one portion of the egg mixture into each like a mound.
- Drizzle a tablespoon of Nutralite Mayonnaise on top of each mound and grill the buns in the preheated oven till the top turns a light golden.
- Serve hot.
Fortified with Vitamin A, D and E, Nutralite Mayonnaise is not your regular mayonnaise. It helps you get the daily recommended nutrients you need, to stay fit and energetic. So, the next time your spouse goes, “Is mayonnaise healthy?”, simply tell them, “ If it isn’t healthy, it won't bear the name Nutralite”! Until next time….
What do you think about this article?