Healthy Pav Bhaji Bun Recipe
Recipe by: Nutralite
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Serving: 4
- Review Count: 5731
- Category: DINNER
- Nutrient Values:
Irresistibly delicious and oozing with goodness, Pav Bhaji is Mumbai’s ideal comfort food. Found at almost all street-food eateries, Pav Bhaji is even more delectable when made at home. Another variant is the Pav Bhaji Bun or Masala Pav, which consists of the usual pav bhaji ingredients. If you know how to make Pav Bhaji Bun, then this Mumbai Pav Bhaji recipe will be even easier to follow.
8 brown pavs
3 tablespoons Pudina and Coriander Nutralite + for shallow frying
2 medium onions, chopped
1 green chilli, chopped
1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
3 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 medium green capsicum, chopped
¼ cup green peas, blanched and mashed
4 medium potatoes, boiled and grated
1½ tablespoons pav bhaji masala
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat two tablespoons Pudina and Coriander Nutralite and oil in a non-stick pan and add three fourth of the onions and sauté till light golden. Add the green chilli and ginger-garlic paste. Stir-fry for half a minute.
- Add half the tomatoes and cook on medium heat for three to four minutes, stirring continuously or till the fat separates from the masala.
- Add the capsicum, green peas, potatoes and one cup of water. Bring it to a boil and simmer for ten minutes, pressing with back of the spoon a few times, till all the vegetables are completely mashed.
- Add the pav bhaji masala, salt and the remaining tomatoes. Cook on medium heat, stirring continuously, for two minutes or till the mixture is thick and of spreading consistency. Add the fresh coriander, lemon juice and one tablespoon of Pudina and Coriander Nutralite and remove from heat. Allow to cool slightly.
- Slit the pavs without cutting through. Spread some of the pav bhaji on the lower half. Apply some butter on the both the outer surfaces of the pav.
- Heat a flat non-stick tawa, place the pavs on them and roast on low heat till golden and crisp on the outside.
- Serve hot.
Healthy Cream of Fresh Tomato Soup Recipe
Healthy Hara Bhara Paneer Tikka Recipe
What do you think about this article?