Recipe by: Nutralite
- Prep: 5-10 min
- Cook: 10-15 min
- Serving: 2-4
Got a sudden craving for Italian food? Maybe the weather has something to do with it! We suggest a Panini Sandwich. filled with assorted veggies like zucchini and capsicum. The healthy nutrients in this mayonnaise sandwich can put the best protein shake to shame! How, you ask? With Nutralite Mayo, of course!
Mayonnaise provides more than 30% of your daily vitamin requirements and adds flavour that hits the sweet spot, between healthy nutrition and great taste. This grilled delight makes for a fulfilling and healthy meal which revs up your engines, and keeps you going ‘full speed ahead’ as the day progresses!
Here is what you’ll need:
1 medium red capsicum, seeded and cut into triangles
2 medium onions, sliced
4 tbsps Nutralite Classic
½ medium green zucchini
Salt to taste
½ medium yellow zucchini
1 medium panini
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
3 tbsps Nutralite Mayo Achari/ Veg/ Cheese Garlic
½ tsp red chilli flakes
½ tsp dried mixed herbs
- Heat a non-stick grill pan. Add capsicum, onions and 1 tbsp Nutralite Classic and cook for a minute.
- Cut green zucchini into roundels or square slices and add to the pan. Add salt and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Slice yellow zucchini into thick rectangular slices and transfer in a sandwich griller. Add 1 tbsp Nutralite Classic and grill for 3-4 minutes.
- Slice the bread horizontally.
- Add crushed peppercorns to the grill pan and mix. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the yellow zucchini on a plate.
- Apply Nutralite Mayo Achari on both sides of the bread. Arrange the grilled vegetables on the base halve of the bread and cover with other half of the bread.
- Spread 1 tbsp Nutralite Classic on the prepared sandwich and spread the remaining Nutralite Classic on the griller. Place the sandwich on the griller, cover and grill for 3-4 minutes.
- Cut into triangles and serve hot.
After that quick meal, you’ll be filled with new-found appreciation for the mayonnaise sandwich. Why? Because this versatile, easy-to-make recipe and easier to carry bite, is perfect for any member of the family, from school-going children to busy working adults.
At a time when healthy eating is rapidly slipping down our list of priorities, this recipe helps you stay on track, thanks to our Italian friends!
What do you think about this article?