MIXED VEGETABLE AND BEET CUTLET
Recipe by: Nutralite
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Serving: 2-4
- Review Count: 7568
- Category: BREAKFAST
- Nutrient Values:
Vegetarian foodies rejoice! If you’ve been scouring supermarket shelves for that special something to add extra zing to your palate, look no further. Whether a midday snack is on your mind or a bunch of friends suddenly come calling, a scoop of Nutralite Mayo, fortified with Vitamins A, D and E, is a healthy choice to add to any meal. And, if you’ve ever wished upon a shooting star for mayonnaise without egg, your prayer has been answered! You got that right - Nutralite Mayo is 100% vegetarian.
So, put on your apron and let’s get cracking. Today, we’ll be making Mixed Vegetable and Beet Cutlets - assorted seasoned veggies tossed together with Nutralite Mayonnaise and turned into pan-fried yum-yums. Perfect as an appetizer, kiddie treat or to go with your evening cuppa, these cutlets leave you feeling fine and dandy.
Without further ado, let’s get it started.
5 medium potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed
5 French beans, blanched and chopped
1 small green capsicum, finely chopped
1 medium carrot, grated
2 tablespoons shelled green peas, boiled and mashed
1 small beetroot, grated
Salt to taste
2 teaspoons ginger-green chilli paste
2 tablespoons Nutralite Mayo
¼ cup cornflour
¼ cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons chaat masala
Oil for shallow-frying
½ cup breadcrumbs
- Place the mashed potatoes in a deep bowl. Add the French beans, capsicum, carrot and peas. Mix lightly. Add the beetroot, salt, ginger-green chilli paste, Nutralite Mayonnaise, corn flour, coriander leaves, lemon juice and chaat masala and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape them into balls. Flatten the balls slightly.
- Heat a non-stick tawa, pour a little oil on it.
- Roll the cutlets in breadcrumbs and place them on the hot tawa.
- Shallow-fry on medium heat, turning sides, till both the sides are evenly golden. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve hot.
After having their fill, your kids are sure to ask what you did to make these cutlets so tasty! As you bask in the adulation, don’t forget to give this wonderful mayonnaise without egg, its fair share of credit. Before you know it, your neighbours will be queueing up outside your door. And, you might just kick-off a new career as a chef. Here’s wishing you all the very best!
What do you think about this article?