Recipe by: Nutralite
- Prep: 20-25 min
- Cook: 10-15 min
- Serving: 2-4
- Review Count: 5190
- Category: BREAKFAST
- Nutrient Values:
Wrapping your hands around a piping hot Mexican Wrap is a simple pleasure that life would be incomplete without. The eating of it, even more so. For those of us who are constantly on the go, a quick bite of it resets the clock on hunger. The sluggish mood and pace of work picks up. And a feeling of accomplishment takes over.
Not bad for a Mexican tortilla filled with the goodness of kidney beans, tomato, onion, lettuce and a few condiments. One ingredient deserves special mention - Nutralite Mayo, with each of its three flavours -Veg, Achari and Cheesy Garlic, which unleash a riot of flavours to enhance your usual wrap.
For the calorie bean-counters, here are some reassuring facts: it contains 30% of your body’s daily vitamin requirement, comes in a range of flavours and is 100% vegetarian mayonnaise without egg. Eureka!
Without further ado, let’s put on the apron and get going. First, the ingredients:
4 readymade tortillas
1 tbsp Nutralite Classic
1 medium onion, finely chopped
6-8 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 large tomato, finely chopped
½ cup tomato puree
2 cups boiled kidney beans (rajma)
Salt to taste
½ teaspoon cumin (jeera) powder
6 tbsps Nutralite Mayo Achari/ Veg/ Cheesy Garlic
A few lollo rosso lettuce leaves
4 tbsps fresh tomato salsa
And now for the preparation...
- 1. Heat Nutralite Classic in a non-stick pan. Add onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- 2. Add garlic and sauté for a minute. Add tomato and tomato puree and mix well.
- 3. Add kidney beans and ½ cup cooking liquor and mix well. Add salt and cumin powder, mix well and cook for 5-6 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- 4. Warm the tortillas on a non-stick tawa.
- 5. Apply 1½ tbsps Nutralite Mayo Achari/ Cheesy Garlic/ Veg on each tortilla. Spread generous portion of cooked mixture and arrange some lollo rosso lettuce leaves on top. Spread 1 tbsp salsa on top. Roll tightly.
- 6. Cut into halves and serve.
There is a quiet celebration as you realise that the humble Mexican Wrap you gorged on today also helped break a stereotypical assumption you may have made. That there is no mayonnaise without egg. Now that is a happy ending to an otherwise ordinary day!
What do you think about this article?