Healthy Spanish Omelette Recipe
Recipe by: Nutralite
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Serving: 4
- Review Count: 5461
- Category: BREAKFAST
- Nutrient Values:
The name Spanish Omelette is descriptive enough to know where this popular dish originates from. Its Spanish name, ‘tortilla de patatas’ or ‘tortilla Espanola’, differentiates it from the regular omelette. One of the healthiest ways to cook eggs, comes from the numerous tales related to the origin of the Spanish omelette. One such story narrates how an army general by the name of Tomas de Zumalacarregui created this dish, as an easy and affordable recipe to use up eggs to provide nutritious food to his troops during the siege of Bilbao. There are a number of different ways to cook eggs. Here’s our recipe to make a healthy Spanish omelette.
What you need for healthy Spanish Omelette
5 organic eggs
3 medium-sized potatoes
1 onion, finely chopped
2 green chillies, finely chopped
Fresh coriander leaves
Nutralite Classic table spread
Nutralite Garlic and Oregano table spread
How to Make healthy Spanish omelette
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into small cubes.
- Heat a few drops of olive oil in a pan. Sauté the potatoes until cooked well.
- Take a large bowl. Break the eggs into it. Add finely chopped onions, finely chopped green chillies, salt and a cube of cheese to the eggs.
- Then, whisk this mixture well until it becomes frothy and fluffy. Add in the sautéed potatoes.
- Now, heat a small spoon of Nutralite classic table spread in a pan.
- Pour all the whisked mixture into the pan.
- Cook it on one side and flip it over. Cover it with a lid and cook for about a minute.
- Sprinkle green coriander leaves as garnish.
- Cut the omelette into square or triangle pieces and eat with multigrain toast.
- *Tip: You could add Nutralite Garlic and Oregano table spread to the toast for added flavour.
As you can see, it takes hardly any effort to turn a dish into a healthy alternative, by changing a few basic ingredients. Buy organic eggs, use olive oil and Nutralite table spread to their respective regular ingredients. There are numerous other ways in which you could prepare a Spanish omelette. If you have a special recipe that you’d like to share with us, we’re all ears!
What do you think about this article?