CRUNCHY EGG CROQUETTES
Recipe by: Nutralite
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Serving: 6
- Review Count: 5128
- Category: BREAKFAST
- Nutrient Values:
Striving to make kids consume eggs in a healthy manner is what mothers cater to everyday. After all, egg yolk offers Vitamins A, D, E and K, along with your regular Omega-3 fats. And this is the section of eggs which don’t regularly get consumed by kids. This Crunchy Egg Croquettes recipe is a wonderful way to get your kids to eat the yellow part and not sacrifice their health quotient.
3 eggs, boiled and peeled
2 medium potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed
Salt to taste
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
10-15 fresh mint leaves
2 tbsps Nutralite Veg Mayo
½ cup refined flour (maida)
10-12 cream cracker biscuits
Oil for deep-frying
Fresh coriander sprig for garnishing
Nutralite Cheesy Garlic Mayo for serving
Nutralite Achari Mayo for serving
- Grate eggs in a bowl. Add potatoes, salt and crushed peppercorns.
- Chop mint leaves and add alongwith Nutralite Veg Mayo and mix well.
- Divide into equal portions and shape into balls. Dust them with flour.
- Grind cream cracker biscuits to a fine powder and spread on a plate.
- Break egg in another bowl, add salt and beat well.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
- Dip the balls in beaten egg, coat with crushed biscuits and shape into cylinders. Dip once again in beaten egg and coat with crushed biscuits.
- Deep-fry croquettes in medium hot oil till golden brown and crisp. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Garnish with coriander sprig and serve hot with Nutralite Cheesy Garlic Mayo and Nutralite Achari Mayo.
Whole foods rich in saturated fat and cholesterol aren’t just not-bad; they’re incredibly nutritious. Eliminating them from your diet for fear of fat and cholesterol is depriving your body of important nutrition. Egg yolks are the perfect example. This delicious recipe makes consuming eggs a easy habit, something that was deemed impossible before.
What do you think about this article?