Exercising at work - a term rarely used and an activity rarely done. Considering how an average working adult spends more than nine hours at work, that too sitting at a desk, exercise is a must! While some get the time to workout at the gym after work, many do not. But, who said you can’t workout at your desk?
Time constraints and tight deadlines may stop you from hitting the gym, but that shouldn’t be used as an excuse to not exercise at all. Instead, try out these easy office exercises at your desk or in your office space.
- Desk Pushups: Desk pushups are good for strengthening your arms. To do this exercise, put your hands on the desk and keep your feet at a 45-degree angle. Do a dozen pushups.
- Shoulder Blade Squeezes: Want to get rid of your hunched posture? Do shoulder blade squeezes. Start by pretending to hold a pencil between your shoulder blades, then for about ten seconds squeeze your shoulders together. Release, then repeat.
- Standing Calf Raises: When you are standing, take advantage by strengthening your calf muscles. Here’s how you can do it - start with your feet placed together, rise up to stretch your calves. Hold for ten seconds, release and repeat.
- Seated Leg Raiser: Tired of sitting idly all day? Make the most of that time by working out your legs with this seated leg stretching exercise. While being seated, straighten your left or right leg and hold steady for 5-10 seconds. Lower the leg to the ground, making sure it doesn’t touch the floor; then do the same with the other leg. Do fifteen repetitions.
- Arm Stretches: Apart from moving your hands and arms around the keyboard while you go about your work, give them some much-needed exercise with an arm stretching exercise. Start by stretching your right arm as far as you can to the left, while supporting it by the crook of your left elbow and hold for a few seconds. Do eight such repetitions, before switching over to your left arm.
By doing these simple and quick exercises, you can maintain a healthy profile, even at office. Even if you workout at a gym, you can still follow the above exercise regime to remain fit. Another tip that you can follow is by changing your diet to accommodate more healthy foods, made with Nutralite.