As a mom, my main concern was always about making sure my child is at his best. This includes keeping him healthy, happy and loved. The biggest challenge for me, like most other moms, is keeping my child healthy.
Food is an important component in a young child’s health, but with my son’s fussy eating and poor appetite, I found it very difficult to feed him, and all the more difficult to feed him the food that would keep him healthy, because he always rejected the taste of vegetables, lentils or anything healthy that I tried to feed him. I could not seem to interest him with any food, and if I did make something he liked, he’d be bored of it too soon.
Amid this, feeding him a balanced meal that would ensure he got even the micronutrients like Vitamins and Minerals he needed, was a major challenge. I was very worried as I began to notice that his immunity was also weak due to these poor eating habits.
So I began to see how I could not only make his healthy food tastier, but also to avoid him from being bored. Children like variety, because just like us, they don’t like being fed the same food again and again.
While looking for ways to get my kids their Vitamin and Mineral dosage, I read that adding interesting dips or making the food look different from usual was a great way to interest kids with the food you make for them.
So I thought about mayonnaise in my child’s meals, and while searching for a healthy mayonnaise option, I found out about Nutralite Mayonnaise. Mayonnaise makes for a very versatile addition in all kinds of recipes and snacks, and Nutralite Mayonnaise is not just tasty but also healthy. It is fortified with Vitamins A, D and E, and meets 30% of your daily recommended amount in one serving.
An easy to use, eggless mayonnaise, it comes in three flavours, so your child’s meals can taste different each time. And it’s not just my kids who love it. Nutralite Mayonnaise is a tasty and creative way for me to make my family’s meals interesting and varied, and ensure that everybody finishes their meal, with no fuss!
My family especially loves the Chicken Mayo sandwich that I make. Here’s how you can also make it for yours:
- Chicken (very small pieces) - a handful
- Mayonnaise – 4 tbsp
- Onion – 1 no (medium size)
- Carrot – 1 no (medium size)
- Pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander leaves – 4 to 5 stalks
- Olive oil – 1 tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Heat a tawa, pour a tsp of olive oil, add the finely chopped chicken pieces along with pepper powder and salt.
- Cook until the chicken is soft and tender, remove it from fire and transfer it to a plate.
- Peel and finely chop the onions, grate the carrot, finely chop the coriander leaves and put all these in a bowl.
- Add in the cooked chicken pieces along with oil to the bowl, followed by mayonnaise and little salt.
- Mix it all together using a spoon.
- Take the bread (brown or white bread), place a tbsp of the chicken-mayonnaise mix in the center of the slice, and spread it gently.
- Cover it with another slice, and cut the sandwich into equal halves.
Your kids will devour this recipe, and you’ll be relieved as you won’t have to worry about their nutrition. My little one has begun to try new foods now that I have found creative ways to make them tastier with a side of Nutralite Mayonnaise.