Recipe by: Nutralite
- Prep: 60 min
- Cook: 5 min
- Serving: 4
When it comes to Chinese street-food, Frankies are the most sought-after wraps one can munch on. They are available in many variants, each filled with different ingredients and sauces. However, the Vegetable Frankie is still the most popular among all of them. And this recipe will show you exactly how to make Vegetable Frankies.
- 4 refined flour (maida) rotis
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- ¼ cup green peas, parboiled, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Pudina and Coriander Nutralite + for shallow-frying
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- ½ inch piece ginger, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon red chilli powder
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 large potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
- ½ teaspoon dried mango powder (amchur)
- 4 teaspoons green chutney
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Chaat masala to taste
- Heat Pudina and Coriander Nutralite in a non-stick pan. Add cumin seeds and sauté lightly. Add carrot, green peas, ginger, green chillies, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, salt and sauté on medium heat for two minutes. Transfer onto a plate and cool.
- Add mashed potatoes, coriander leaves and amchur powder and mix well. Adjust seasoning.
- Divide this mixture into eight portions and and shape into four-inch long cylinders and shallow fry in melted Pudina and Coriander Nutralite till light golden. Drain on absorbent paper and set aside.
- To prepare the frankie, place a roti on a flat working surface, spread a teaspoon of green chutney all over the roti. Place a potato roll on one side. Sprinkle some sliced onions, drizzle one fourth teaspoon of vinegar, sprinkle chaat masala over it and roll the roti.
- Similarly prepare the rest of the frankies, wrap in aluminum foil and serve immediately.
What do you think about this article?