Recipe by: Nutralite
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Serving: 4
Quesadillas, a Mexican-based tortilla dish, is made by filling various ingredients into a tortilla, before being cooked. Such is its popularity that you can find Quesadillas almost everywhere in the world, and here too. From a cheese quesadilla recipe to a vegetarian quesadilla recipe, making these sumptuous Mexican treats in your home is a lot of fun.
- 1 cup cornmeal (makai ka atta)
- ½ cup refined flour (maida)
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Garlic and Oregano Nutralite
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 6-8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cups kidney beans (rajma), boiled
- 6 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 4 green chillies, chopped
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Mix together cornmeal, refined flour and salt. Knead into a soft dough with milk and half a cup of water. Cover with a damp piece of muslin and set aside for a few minutes.
- Divide dough into eight equal portions and roll each portion into a thin ten-inch round tortilla (chapatti). Lightly cook each tortilla on a hot tawa on both sides and set aside.
- To make the filling, heat one tablespoon of Garlic and Oregano Nutralite in a non-stick pan and saute onions and garlic for one minute.
- Add boiled kidney beans, tomato ketchup, green chillies, paprika and salt and cook for two to three minutes.
- Heat a non-stick tawa and place a tortilla on it. Spread one-fourth portion of the filling, top with one-fourth portion of the cheese and coriander leaves. Cover with another tortilla.
- Drizzle some melted Garlic and Oregano Nutralite all around. Turn the tortilla over gently when the underside is cooked. Cook the other side. Similarly make three more quesadillas with the remaining ingredients.
- Remove, cut into wedges and serve hot.
What do you think about this article?