Minestrone Toscano with Pesto Croute
Recipe by: Nutralite
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Serving: 4
Minestrone Toscano, also known as summer vegetable soup, is a soup-based dish served with toasted bread. This Italian invention makes use of vegetables, typically grown during summer; hence the name Minestrone Toscano. If you love cooking Italian food from time to time and want to learn how to make Minestrone Toscano with Pesto Croute, simply read on and follow the steps in the minestrone toscano recipe below.
- 2 tablespoons macaroni
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 medium potato, cut into small pieces
- 1 medium carrot, cut into small pieces
- 3-4 French beans, cut into small pieces
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon white pepper powder
- ¼ small cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons tomato concasse
- ½ cup tomato puree
- 1½ tablespoons Garlic and Oregano Nutralite
- 6-8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon crushed dried oregano
- 10-12 fresh basil leaves, hand torn
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring vegetable stock to a boil in a deep non-stick pan. Add macaroni and potato and cook on medium heat for a minute.
- Add carrot, French beans and continue to cook. Add salt and white pepper powder and mix.
- Add cabbage, zucchini, tomato concasse and tomato puree.
- Heat Garlic and Oregano Nutralite in a non-stick pan. Add garlic and onion and saute till translucent.
- Add oregano and continue to sauté. Add this to the soup cooking in the pan and mix. Add basil leaves and continue to simmer till the vegetables are cooked.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and serve piping hot with pesto croute.
What do you think about this article?