Recipe by: Nutralite
- Prep: 40 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Serving: 2-4
- Review Count: 6213
- Category: LUNCH
- Nutrient Values:
A fan of Tandoori fare? Then, this recipe is sure to delight you! What adds to its appeal is that it uses mushrooms as its main ingredient. You guessed that right! We’re talking about Malai Kumbh, a delectable concoction of mushrooms bathed in a marinade of assorted spices, a generous dollop of Nutralite Mayonnaise and chaat masala - a riot of flavour and a sight to behold!
This is one of the few recipes with mayonnaise that will find takers among both vegetarians and non-vegetarians. If you’re currently dieting, this recipe will not disappoint, thanks to Nutralite Mayo. Fortified with Vitamins A, D and E, it helps you meet 30% of your daily vitamin requirements.
So, let’s get right to it!
8 large fresh button mushrooms (kumbh), trimmed
¼ cup fresh cream
1 teaspoon garlic paste
½ teaspoon green chilli paste
4-5 cashew nuts, ground
½ teaspoon green cardamom powder
3 tablespoons Nutralite Mayonnaise
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon melted butter
½ teaspoon chaat masala
½ tablespoon lemon juice
- Add the garlic paste, green chilli paste, ground cashew nuts and cardamom powder in a bowl. Add cream, Nutralite Mayo, salt and mix together. Add the mushrooms, mix thoroughly and set aside, preferably in a refrigerator, for at least half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200° C.
- Thread the marinated mushrooms onto skewers and cook in the preheated oven or in a moderately hot tandoor for about 3-4 minutes, turning them occasionally.
- Brush the cooked mushrooms with butter and cook again for 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle the chaat masala and lemon juice and serve hot with green chutney.
See what we mean? This is one of those recipes with mayonnaise that you will want to memorize. Delicious and healthy, Malai Kumbh is as distinct an experience for your tastebuds, as its name is to your ears!
What do you think about this article?