Recipe by: Nutralite
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Serving: 4
Gujarat most popular street snack - Dabeli, made from potatoes, chutneys and peanuts is a delicacy enjoyed in almost every part of the country. From the crunchy texture to the spicy bite of the potatoes, one can not resist making them at home. If you are looking for steps on how to make dabeli at home using fresh ingredients, then read this dabeli recipe to find out.
- 4 pav
- 1½ tablespoons dabeli masala powder
- 5 tablespoons Pudina and Coriander Nutralite
- 2 large potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup tamarind chutney
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ cup spiced peanuts
- ¼ cup scraped fresh coconut
- ¼ cup fresh pomegranate kernels
- 10-12 black grapes, chopped
- 1 cup nylon sev
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
- ¼ cup red chilli-garlic chutney
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- Heat three tablespoons Pudina and Coriander Nutralite in a non-stick pan; add the potato, salt and a little water. Mix well and add the dabeli masala, lemon juice, a quarter cup of tamarind chutney and sugar. Mix and cook till quite dry.
- Spread the mixture on a plate. Sprinkle masala peanuts, grated coconut, pomegranate, black grapes, half the sev and coriander leaves on top.
- Slit the pavs horizontally without cutting through. Spread the red chilli-garlic chutney, a layer each of the potato stuffing, tamarind chutney, onion and sev in between the two halves.
- Place the stuffed pav on a hot non-stick tawa. Press lightly, spread with a remaining Pudina and Coriander Nutralite and toast on both sides, till heated through and slightly crisp.
- Serve hot.
What do you think about this article?