Recipe by: Nutralite
- Prep: 120 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Serving: 4
Calzones can be termed as ‘pocket pizzas’ - stuffed cheese and spices, enveloped by pizza dough... Sounds delicious right? Wait until you try this Cheese Calzones recipe. Prepared with Nutralite, this super easy, fast breakfast Cheesy Calzone recipe is also suitable for all the health-conscious foodies out there.
- 1¼ cups refined flour (maida)
- 10 grams fresh yeast
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup melted Garlic and Oregano Nutralite
- 150 grams cottage cheese (paneer)
- ½ cup tomato concasse
- 2 tablespoons Garlic and Oregano Nutralite
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- ½ teaspoon red chilli flakes
- ½ teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 1 jalapeno chilli, chopped
- 3-4 black peppercorns, crushed
- Mix yeast with one tablespoon of lukewarm water and set aside for about ten minutes or till it froths.
- Sift refined flour and salt into a bowl. Make a well in the centre and pour in the yeast mixture. Add Garlic and Oregano Nutralite and sufficient water to knead the mixture into a soft, smooth dough. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and set aside in a warm place for about thirty minutes, or till it doubles in size.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Grease a baking tray.
- Knock back the dough lightly, divide into four equal portions and roll out each portion into one-inch thick rounds. Set aside for about twenty minutes in a warm place.
- For the filling, heat Garlic and Oregano Nutralite in a non-stick pan. Add garlic and saute for one minute. Add onions and continue to sauté till translucent.
- Stir in tomato concasse and cook till well blended. Add chilli flakes, herbs, jalapeno chilli, salt and peppercorns.
- Add cottage cheese and mix well. Set aside to cool.
- Divide the mixture into four portions and spread each portion over a pastry round. Fold over into a half-moon shape. Press the edges together to seal and place on the greased tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about forty-five minutes till golden brown. Brush with melted butter and serve hot for a perfect breakfast.
What do you think about this article?