Baked Mixed Vegetables
Recipe by: Nutralite
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Serving: 4
Baked to perfection! If that’s what describes your ideal baked mixed vegetables recipe, then shouldn’t preparing it be fun too? Baked Vegetables is a type of French-based cooking technique, which makes use of breadcrumbs and cheese in a shallow pan. We’ll show you how to prepare this easy baked vegetable recipe with Garlic and Oregano Nutralite, to add that little extra bit of zest to the dish.
- 3 medium brinjals, sliced
- 4 medium potatoes, boiled and sliced
- 1 medium green capsicum, seeded and sliced
- 1 medium red capsicum, seeded and sliced
- Salt to taste
- 4 tablespoons Garlic and Oregano Nutralite
- 2 medium onions, cut into round slices and rings separated
- ¼ cup vegetable stock
- 10-12 black peppercorns, crushed
- ½ cup fresh bread crumbs
- ½ cup grated cheese
- Tomato sauce
- Cheese sauce
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Sprinkle salt on brinjal slices. Leave in a colander for thirty minutes. Rinse under cold running water and dry well with paper towels.
- Arrange them on a baking tray and grill in the preheated oven till they turn golden brown. Set aside.
- Heat two tablespoons of Garlic and Oregano Nutralite in a non-stick pan. Add onion rings and sauté for a minute. Add green and red capsicums and sauté for one to two minutes. Set aside.
- To prepare tomato sauce, heat remaining Garlic and Oregano Nutralite in a non-stick pan. Add garlic and sauté for a minute. Add the tomato concasse and saute for two to three minutes. Add peppercorns, bay leaf and salt and continue to cook for two to three minutes or till the sauce thickens.
- To make the cheese sauce, add cheese to the white sauce and mix well.
- Add the cheese sauce to the tomato sauce, add one fourth cup of vegetable stock and cook till it comes to a boil. Remove from heat and strain.
- In a baking dish make layers of onions, green and red capsicums followed by brinjals and potatoes. Sprinkle salt and crushed peppercorns on each layer. Pour the tomato-cheese sauce over.
- Sprinkle fresh bread crumbs and top that up with grated cheese. Bake in the preheated oven for about twenty minutes or till the cheese turns golden.
- Serve hot with brown bread.
What do you think about this article?