Healthy Aloo Nazakat Recipe
Recipe by: Nutralite
- Prep: 60 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Serving: 4
- Review Count: 6582
- Category: LUNCH
- Nutrient Values:
Deep fried and amply satisfying, Aloo Nazakat is a potato lover’s treat and a perfect lunch. Fried potato stuffed with cottage cheese and spices, who wouldn’t want to snack on these? If you’re wondering how to make aloo nazakat, that too in the healthiest possible way, look no further. Nutralite brings to you our healthy Indian vegetarian recipe for aloo nazakat which you can follow below.
4 large potatoes
2 tablespoons Pudina and Coriander Nutralite
Oil for deep-frying
3 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
Salt to taste
1 cup yogurt, whisked
½ teaspoon black salt
1 teaspoon garam masala powder
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
2 tablespoons mustard oil
½ cup grated cottage cheese (paneer)
2 teaspoons chaat masala
2 green chillies, chopped
2 small fried urad dal papads, crushed
3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
3 tablespoons roasted split Bengal gram (chana dal) powder
- Peel and scoop out the insides of the potatoes leaving a shell all around. Chop the scooped out portion and set aside. Heat plenty of oil in a kadai and deep-fry the potato shells till cooked and the outer surface turns golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Heat Pudina and Coriander Nutralite in a non-stick pan and add one teaspoon ginger-garlic paste. Add the chopped potatoes and salt and cook over medium heat for five to six minutes.
- For the marinade, put the yogurt into a bowl; add salt, black salt, garam masala powder, chilli powder, roasted Bengal gram powder, two tablespoons coriander leaves, remaining ginger-garlic paste and mix well. Add the mustard oil and mix again. Set aside.
- For the stuffing, put the cottage cheese into a bowl. Add salt, the chaat masala, remaining fresh coriander, green chillies, cooked potatoes and crushed fried papad. Mix well.
- Stuff the potato shells generously with the cottage cheese mixture. Put the stuffed potatoes into the yogurt marinade and mix well with a light hand. Leave to marinate for about thirty minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Grease a baking tray.
- Arrange the stuffed potatoes on the baking tray and bake for fifteen to twenty minutes.
- Serve hot and add this to your list of favourite veg recipes of India.
What do you think about this article?