Dudhi Ka Halwa
Recipe by: Nutralite
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Serving: 4
Dudhi or lauki (bitter gourd) halwa is a sweet and savoury veg recipe of India, relished by many who love the combination of milk and lauki. Eat it hot or cold, it’ll taste as good as any halwa should be. If you’re curious about how to make dudhi halwa at home, that too without adding any extra calories to your diet, fret not! We’ve concocted this yummilicious Indian vegetarian recipe for dudhi ka halwa to appetise your health-conscious taste buds, that even serves as a healthy breakfast. So, without further ado, read on!
- 3 to 3.5 Cups Grated Dudhi
- 3 Cups Milk
- 3-4 Tablespoon Nutralite
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- ½ Teaspoon Green Cardamom Powder
- 10 Chopped Almonds and Cashewnuts
- Heat milk until it comes to a boil.
- In a deep pan, heat Nutralite, add the grated dudhi and saute for five to seven minutes.
- Add reduced milk and cook. Stir continuously till all the liquid content in the pan has evaporated
- Add sugar, cardamom powder, almonds and cashewnuts.
- Continue cooking until the mixture turns semi-dry and the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Serve cold or hot, as per preference.
What do you think about this article?