Recipe by: Nutralite
- Prep: 45 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Serving: 4
Crispy and crunchy, chaklis are usually prepared during festive occasions and are one of the classic veg recipes of India. These delightful spiral shaped snacks, although deep-fried, are a treat to have not just during festivities but at any time of the day. If you’re looking for easy ways to make chaklis, this recipe will help you out. Plus with Nutralite, we’re sure you’ll enjoy this instant Indian vegetarian recipe for Chaklis even more!
- 2 Cups Rice Flour
- 1 Cup Besan Flour
- 1 ¼ Cup Water
- 1 Tablespoon Ajwain Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Coriander Powder
- 3 Tablespoons Nutralite
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Seeds
- Salt to taste
- Crush cumin and ajwain seeds together in the blender.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of Nutralite. Take rice flour, besan, add crushed cumin and ajwain, coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, sesame seeds, salt and mix them together.
- Pour Nutralite and mix well; now add water and start kneading the dough.
- Once it’s at a set consistency, let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
- Use a Chakli maker to shape the dough into that of a chakli.
- Deep fry the Chaklis till they turn light brown from both sides.
- Drain the excess oil in an absorbent paper and serve when cooled.
What do you think about this article?